пятница, 11 ноября 2011 г.

Listen


The communication process involves two parties, one who transmits the message and the receptor two listens to the message being transmitted to transform the data and then formulate an opinion of what the person heard. I perform a short one day experiment to test my listening skills. I live in a rural region. In the morning when I wake up I would hear the sounds of the birds and animals. There is river near my home, I also heard the water. I did not talk to anyone for an hour in my home and kept my ears open. To me it seemed as if the range of my hearing capacity increase, but I might be mistaken.
I took a taxi to work, but intentionally told the driver a few blocks away from work so I could walk and listen. There were so many sounds at once that my mind could not process so much information. I stopped at a bakery for a coffee and had my first conversation. The cashier began the conversation and then I asked for coffee. I continued to chit-chat for about three minutes and there were other customers in line. That is a tendency that I have noticed in my interpersonal communication that I can improve on. I should become a better listener and let others express themselves to then speak my point without making a long story out something simple. I need to learn to be more precise and improve my listening skills. By letting others talk first one can gather ideas and then make comments based on the data our brain had a chance to process. A good attribute about my listening skills is that I retain a lot of information in my brain as far as remembering conversation I had with people in the past.   

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий