четверг, 10 ноября 2011 г.

Myself in three words


Boston University Community is not only a great platform to tread back to those “golden days” but is also a chance of helping our brethren with our knowledge and power to change. Every year we see new faces joining the community with great enthusiasm and a positive attitude to “change”. I am enthusiastic about learning new things which has made me a proficient learner. Since my childhood days, I have shown keenness in learning new things whether in the fields of fine arts, music or life sciences. Being a sports enthusiast, I became a member of my school’s volleyball and track teams but that did not cease me from trying and experimenting different fields out of my expertise. I painted posters for various sports matches which developed in me, a knack for multi-tasking. I tried my hand over designing sports jersey. Participating in various volleyball matches, I became a confident player, at the same time, learnt to strike a balance between mental and physical pressures. As I grew up, I understood how to work pragmatically under the circumstances of stress which made me competitive and disciplined. As a good sportsman, not only did I play sportingly but, I worked toward enhancing teamsmanship. From decorating festoon to accelerate fitness regime to distributing snacks to the players, I did it all.  Since then, I revere all professions.  

In my leisure hours I follow gardening which keeps me in tandem with nature and has made me sensitive. I make sure that I maintain “green peace” in my locality at a grassroot level, therefore, maximizing my responsibilities toward nature. My sensitivity toward preserving “green peace” will be helpful in organizing campaigns following ‘Kyoto Protocol’ through BU community service. Moreover, I have implemented projects like these at my community level which have turned out to be quite productive. I have been part of many Non-Governmental Organizations thus, followed many charity programmes too. Being School Charity Ceremony financial officer for many years, I prolonged this practice for decades thus, finally, culminating to a Fund Raiser campaign for Tsunami victims. I have also participated in spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS for my community center. Not only this, I have participated in conducting various Blood Donation campaigns which has strengthened my belief in community service. My belief in bringing “change” is the only motivational force to make me what I am today. As an eager reformist, I think, I would have an enormous bounty of ways, contributing to the Boston University Community. Therefore, my ability to learn, multi-tasking and sensitivity, make me the whole I am today.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий